ICC is the world's largest business organisation and represents 45 million companies, employing 1 billion people, in 100 countries. ICC is the only business organisation with UN Observer Status, B20 Co-founder/Network Partner, strategic partner to the WTO, UNFCCC business focal point for climate change and convener of the UN SDG Business Forum. ICC rules underpin $25trn global trade and processes over $200bn of disputes annually.
ICC United Kingdom is the representative office of ICC in the UK and works with British business groups worldwide to represent the voice of UK business at inter-governmental level - the United Nations, G20 and World Trade Organization.
ICC has three central functions, to:
- Promote responsible free trade
- Provide the rules and standards that govern international business
- Help companies and States settle
The International Court of Arbitration® is the world's leading arbitral institution. Since 1923, we have been helping to resolve difficulties in international commercial and business disputes to support trade and investment.
- 25,000 cases registered since 1923
- Average amount in dispute in cases filed was US$ 52 million
- Parties filings came from 147 countries
- Court offices in Paris, Abu Dhabi, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Hong Kong, New York and Singapore
- Nationality of arbitrators most frequently selected are British
- Most popular place to seat an arbitration is London
*2019 facts from the ICC International Court of Arbitration